Rhino provides all CAD and Drafting tools required to produce 2D architectural drawings, construction details and any kind of annotations.
- Curve creation: lines, polylines, rectangles, polygons, circles, elipses, control point curves, interpolate points curves…
- Curve edition: fillet, chamfer, offset, extend, trim, split, join, rebuild…. Curves can be edited through control points.
Several commands are available to create dimensions. Dimensions are defined by styles which manage font, number format, sizes, arrow style, alignment settings for the current model.
- Dimension angle
- Dimension Radius/Diameter: dimensions for the radius of an arc or circle and diameter of a curve.
Hatch patterns are created from bounding curves.
- Pattern type: Rhino provides several hatch patterns. New pattern files can be imported to be used in the document.
- Rotation: rotation angle.
- Scale: size of hatch pattern.
- Base: resets the starting point of the hatch pattern for subsequent hatches
- Hatch Scale: scales hatch patterns in model and layout space.
- Text command: creates two-dimensional annotation text.
- Easy and quick to edit. Just double click on the text to open the edit box.
- Properties: Font, Height (size), Mask, Bold, Italic, justification, multi-line, Layout scaling, Field…
- Text field: text fields are formulas that are evaluated while Rhino is running and the result is displayed in the text.
- Leaders: draws an annotation leader with arrowhead and attached text.
- Dots: draws an annotation dot that stays parallel to and sizes with the view.
- Notes: opens a panel where text notes can be added to the model.
Annotation linetypes manage the linetype patterns for the current model.
- Using linetypes displays curves using dashed or dotted.
- Linetypes are assigned as object and layer properties.
- Linetypes only affect curve objects – not surfaces, solids, or other object types.
Linetype styles: they define the linetype settings such as scale, units and pattern.
Import: new linetypes can be added by importing linetype files.